Thursday 10 February 2011

Cornwall is RICH!

I was actually quite surprised to find this news story.

Cornwall is my home county, and it is one of the places hit hardest by the recession in the UK. Cornwall is famous for it's mining history....as well as Pastys and Cornish Rattler cider. But I digress, recently in a local mine (namely South Crofty) there has been found a substance called 'Indium' which is used A LOT in the technology industry, with the main use being as an ingredient in LCD televisions and screens for iPads e.t.c. So there is a pretty wide market for this.

Word is that the mining industry may be picking up again in Cornwall as to obtain the Iridium. I'll be keeping my ears open.

Read the full story here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/mining/8316820/The-iPad-app-dug-out-of-a-Cornish-tin-mine.html

No comments:

Post a Comment